Friday, March 16, 2012

Fix Unable To Create Directory, Is Its Parent Directory Writable By The Server In Wordpress

Today I would like to share a simple tips to fix upload problem when you are trying to upload Image, Theme or Plugin in your Wordpress blog. If you ever faced the message like this when you want to upload files.

Unable to create directory /home/public_html/filename/wp-content/uploads/2011/11. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

Then I have a simple solution for you, at least based on my own experience. I know about this problem long a go, but I never even once had experience facing it. Until I moved my blog from one web hosting to another few days a go. This error got me!

I couldn't upload anything to my server, each time I upload image, or Wordpress theme I got that error message saying Wordpress is unable to create directory in my wp-content/uploads.

Fix Wordpress


Then I check that path in my Public_HTML files, and I found that there is no Uploads directory in my Wp-Content folder. This is the culprit I said, thus I create that directory and CHMOD it to 755.

And I complete my steps by leaving Store uploads in this folder option to blank:

Blank To WP Uploading Files Option

That's it, now you can upload image files, themes or any files to your Wordpress blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment